CHEC Port City Colombo Limited, a subsidiary of China Harbour Engineering Company, has launched an invited, single stage ideas competition for the longterm development of an innovative urban settlement adjoining the Colombo Fort to the East and Colombo South International Container Harbour to the North. The competition was launched on 6 March 2017 with the support of the Sri Lanka Institute of Architects and the International Union of Architects. Finnish architect Trevor Harris will represent the UIA on the international jury.
The competition is a single-phase procedure with three invited participants, whose work will be evaluated anonymously according to the UNESCO Regulations for architecture competitions.
The winner of the competition will be awarded 150 000 USD in addition to the sum of 150 000 USD provided to all three participants over the course of the competition.
- Issuance of Brief: 4 March 2017
- Site visit by participants: 31 March 2017
- Deadline Questions/Answers: 7 April 2017
- Submission Deadline: Before 3 pm, 15 May 2017
- Jury meeting: 16-19 May 2017
- Announcement of results: No more than 2 weeks after the completion of the jury meeting
- Awards Ceremony: TBA
Launching06 March 2017
Sending deadline15 May 2017
- Dr. Deborah Dearing (Australia)
- David Dernie (UK)
- Trevor Harris (Finland)
- Calvin Tsao (USA)
- Pali Wijeratne (Sri Lanka)