Since 1961, some of the most recognized architects and organizations in the world have been awarded by the UIA, through the UIA Gold Medal and the UIA Prizes: Rafael Moneo, Renzo Piano, Tadao Ando, Ieoh Ming Pei… All of them were recipients of the prestigious UIA Gold Medal.
The UIA World Architects triennial Congress in Seoul, Korea is fast approaching. All UIA Member Sections are invited to begin thinking about the candidatures they will submit for the historic UIA Gold Medal and Prizes, the winners of which will be announced at the Awards Ceremony in Seoul in September 2017.
The UIA Secretariat launched the 2017 UIA Gold Medal and Prizes in mid-September 2016. This year, the UIA is using a brand new web platform, dedicated to it, combining friendly interface and modern design [Award Platform]. The deadline for the submission of candidatures is 1 June 2017 and the jury is composed of the 9 UIA Bureau Members.
Only UIA Member Sections are allowed to send candidatures. If you are willing to be nominated as an architect or an organization, or nominate any architect or organization, please contact your country UIA Member Section. (See the list here).
Have you begun to think about the candidatures that you will send in for the following prizes?
- The UIA Gold Medal, awarded since 1984 by architects to one living architect for outstanding architectural achievement,
- The UIA Prize for Town-Planning or Territorial Development, founded in 1961 in memory of the first UIA President, Sir Patrick Abercrombie,
- The UIA Prize for Applied Technology in Architecture, founded in 1961 in memory of Auguste Perret, former Honorary President of the UIA,
- The UIA Prize for Architectural Criticism or Architectural Education, attributed since 1967 in memory of former UIA President Jean Tschumi,
- The UIA Prize for the Improvement of the Quality of Human Settlements, attributed since 1978 in memory of former UIA President, Sir Robert Matthew,
- The Vassilis Sgoutas Prize, named for former UIA President, Vassilis Sgoutas, has, since its first edition in 2008, recognized inventive implemented architectural solutions for reducing poverty and indigence.
The UIA looks forward to receiving candidatures from your Member Section!
Contact: Emily Bonin, UIA Secretariat.
Contact: Emily Bonin, UIA Secretariat