RIBA has announced the 2019 International and Honorary Fellows to honour men and women who have made a major contribution to the world of design and architecture.
This year, the 2019 International Fellows are:
- Frida Escobedo – Frida Escobedo Architecture Workshop, Mexico
- Poul Ove Jensen – DISSING+WEITLING architecture, Denmark
- Michael Murphy and Alan Ricks – MASS Design Group, USA
- Neri Oxman – MIT Media Lab, USA
- Emilio Tuñón – Tuñón Architects, Spain
- Ignacio Vicens y Hualde – Vicens + Ramos Architects, Spain
The RIBA Honorary Fellowships reward the contributions people have made to architecture in its broadest sense, that is, promotion, administration, outreach, its role in building sustainable communities and educating future generations. They include among others Eusebio Leal Spengler (Historian of Havana City), Zina Jardaneh (Chair of the Board, The Palestinian Museum) and Dr Lynne Walker (Architectural Historian, University of London).
Find out more