Architecture for All
What we do
The UIA Architecture for All [AfA] Work Programme raises awareness of the architect’s responsibility to ensure that accessibility and inclusive design are essential components of architectural design, construction and education. The programme promotes good practice in accessible and inclusive urban design and architecture.
How we do it
The AfA Work Programme
- organises the triennial UIA Friendly and Inclusive Spaces Awards to encourage and acknowledge architects who have created exemplary friendly, inclusive and accessible buildings and public spaces and to bring these projects to a wider audience.
- facilitates a network of architects, with expertise and experience in all matter relating to accessibility and inclusion in the built environment.
- compiles and disseminates best practice case studies.
- participates in the development of international standards and guidelines.
- provides experienced jury members for competitions and awards.
- organises and participates in conferences and seminars
- advises governmental and non-governmental organisations on matters relating to accessibility of the built environment.
Who we work with
Architects, construction professionals, educators and students, policy makers and communities, locally, nationally and internationally.