THE 6TH EDITION OF THE BAKU INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURE AWARD
The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Union of Architects of Azerbaijan (UAA) have launched the Sixth Edition of the Baku International Architecture Award.
The Fifth Edition of the Award in 2021 received 193 entries from 38 countries and the international jury recognised winners from 13 countries: Vietnam, China, Mexico, Egypt, Romania, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Malaysia, Italy, Azerbaijan, India and Russia.
The award seeks to recognize architectural diversity and to encourage new ideas and research, new realisations and exemplary new implementations of urban planning and architectural projects globally.
Theme and objectives
This biennial award, open to all qualified architects in the world and endorsed by the UIA since 2013, seeks to discover new ideas for the development and implementation of urban planning and architectural designs, more meaningful design for buildings and structures, search for composition, volumetric and spatial solutions, and the implementation of practical ideas to achieve the maximum diversity.
Entries can be submitted in the following seven categories:
- A – Best implemented project of public architecture
- B – Best implemented project of residential architecture
- C – Best implemented interiors
- D – Best non-realised project
- E – Best implemented project in the field of landscape architecture
- F – Best implemented project in the field of rehabilitation and reconstruction of
- historic buildings
- G – Best publication in the field of architecture
Architects duly qualified for architectural practice in their country of residence may participate in the Award.
Each participant can submit only one project for each category, and participation is free of charge.
The working languages of the competition are Azerbaijani, Russian and English.
All questions concerning the Award should be sent to the prize organisers.
To read the complete Award procedure and regulations, please visit the competition website.
- Ms. Deniz Incedayı (Turkey), Architect and Professor of architecture at Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University – Jury President
- Mr. Kevin Bingham (South Africa), Architect and Director of FGG Architects – UIA Representative
- Mr. Divya Kush (India), Architect and Past President of the Indian Institute of Architects
- Mr. Giuseppe Cappochin (Italy), Architect and Founder of Atelier Cappochin
- Mr. Elbay Gasim-Zada (Azerbaijan) – Chairman of the Board of the Union of Architects of Azerbaijan
- Mr. Léo Orellana (Chile), Architect specialised in urban planning and cultural heritage – Alternate juror
Three prizes will be awarded for each category. The prize fund of 52 500 AZN (28 354 euros*) will be awarded as follows:
- First Prize: 4000 AZN (2 160 euros)
- Second Prize: 2500 AZN (1 350 euros)
- Third Prize: 1000 AZN (540 euros)
*Prize money in euros is approximate