Saturday 20 November 2021
The UIA Architecture and Children Work Programme marked World Children’s Day on 20 November by organising a webinar to discuss the role and the place of children in planning, architecture and society.
- Children and adolescents and their contribution to society:Virginia Murillo Herrera, Executive President of Defensa de Niñas y Niños Internacional, Costa Rica
- Street Children in Tunisia: Samia Gallouzi, Architect and teacher in architecture at University of Carthage and Ishraq Rouatbi a student at the University of Carthage working on her dissertation “From exclusion to inclusion, a hosting center for street children”, Tunisia
- Children and planning in Cairo: Mennat-Allah El-Husseiny, Assistant Professor Cairo University, Egypt
- Hospitalized children’s rights and the significance of healing environment: Artemis Kyrkou, Architect, Postdoc Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Children’s engagement with a world heritage site in Istanbul: Selcen Coskun, Architect and Associate Professor at Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey
- Children’s participation in the planning process: Suzanne de Laval, architect and researcher, Arkitekturanalys, Stockholm, Sweden