THE UIA YEAR OF DESIGN FOR HEALTH IS LAUNCHED
The International Union of Architects has designated 2022 as the Year of Design for Health. This initiative was launched on 4 February 2022 during a virtual roundtable organised with the support of the World Health Organization.
Read the speakers’ bios
- Thiago Hérick de Sá (Healthy Urban Environments, Transport and Health. Department of Environment, Climate Change and Health (HQ/ECH). World Health Organization)
- Allen Kong, Co-Director of the UIA Architecture for All Work Programme
- Suzanne de Laval and Heba Safey Eldeen, Co-Directors of the Architecture and Children Work Programme
- Mohammad Habib Reza and Kassim Mwamba Omar, Co-Directors of the UIA Heritage and Cultural Identity Work Programme
- Cristina Vert Roca, (Healthy Urban Environments, Transport and Health. Department of Environment, Climate Change and Health (HQ/ECH). World Health Organization)
Partnership with the World Health Organization (WHO)
The UIA partnered with the WHO to promote the Sourcebook “Integrating health in urban and territorial planning”.
Developed in collaboration with UN Habitat, it is designed to guide decision makers towards developing cities planned and built with a focus on human and environmental health, showing how an integrated approach to health can influence decisions on sectors such as housing, transport, energy, and water and sanitation.
Download the Sourcebook