The Congress invites architects and professionals from the building and planning communities to meet in Copenhagen to back the UN 17 Sustainable Goals, to innovate and discover sustainable solutions and to enable a leap forward towards accomplishing the goals by 2030.
Our goal is to promote, discuss, create and showcase architecture as a vital tool to achieve the UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. We will share sustainable solutions, examine the latest research results and join our efforts to make the 28th UIA World Congress a milestone in the history of what architecture can do to help save the planet.
Keynote speakers will provide inspiration and guidance on how architecture and the built environment can contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Bjarke Ingels (Founder BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group)
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Award-winning writer & feminist)
- Chris Downey (architect & founder, Architecture for the Blind)
- Christian Benimana (Senior Principal, MASS Design Group & Director of the African Design Centre)
- Elizabeth Time (Founder & Director of Design, Office of Office)
- Francis Kéré (Founder & Principal, Kéré Architecture, Pritzker Prize winner)
- Jim Hagemann Snabe (Chairman, Siemens, World Economic Forum Trustee)
- Kunle Adeyemi (Founder & Principal, NLÉ)
- Maria P. Neira (WHO Director, Department of Environmental, Climate Change and Health)
- Mette Skjold (CEO, SLA)
- Partha Dasgupta (Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of Cambridge)
Click here to see the Speakers’ page